Thanksgiving weekend allowed me quite a bit of knitting time and it has been exclusively Knitting Unto Others. I finished my Red Scarf Project scarf a few days ago. Today I finally got around to offering the bribes involved in getting the photo shoot done. I have mentioned before that it usually takes offers of chocolate to get the Lad to model. So for the price of a few Toblerones I present my Red Scarf. Pardon the sullen posture, he has been sick all weekend.
Pattern: My own. The pattern is now available on Ravelry.
Yarn: Cascade 220, two colors, one hank each
Needles: US 7 Knitpicks Options
Finished Measurements: Approximately 6″x63″
Notes: A pre-blocking photo can be seen here. It had a puzzle piece look that I really liked. I needed to block it to get the length required for the Red Scarf Project. I still like it. It’s just a different look. In the comments of the same post, my Sockret Pal suggested that it would make an “awesome afghan”. I couldn’t agree more! It would be such a great vehicle to play with color, much like a quilt. When I write up the pattern, I also plan to include instructions on how to make it into an afghan.
Added later: The free pattern is now on Ravelry. As always with my patterns, please let me know if you find any errors so that I may correct the pattern. I would love to see your photos if you chose to make the scarf. I will put them in my reader gallery album. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy.
More Dulaan hats coming soon. I’ve got 3 done already.